Ewell Village has entered Britain in Bloom – a national competition which seeks to use flowers and greenery to transform communities. Judges will visit the village on the morning of Tuesday 5th July 2022.
This competition entry is part of a broader effort to rejuvenate the village. Making Ewell high street and surrounding areas more attractive through flowers and planting is just one thing that the community, businesses, groups, organisations and community leaders have been working on to improve our local area.
For Ewell Village in Bloom, volunteers have been working on:
- revitalising the memorial garden outside Sainsbury’s
- getting The Grove cleared up and grass re-seeded
- cleaning up the High Street and Bourne Hall park – with monthly volunteers meeting at 10am on the 4th Sunday of every month
- planting in Bourne Hall park
- getting ready for a yarn bomb attack of crochet flowers in the village for judging day!
Everyone in the Ewell are can take part! The big idea is that if everyone did something small to take a bare area of their property frontage to make it more beautiful, then collectively we can make a big difference. This may be as simple as putting a pot on your doorstep, adding a hanging basket or putting a summer wreath on your front door.
Once one person in the road does it, other people copy, and the momentum starts to build. They would love people to send their before and after photos to Ewellvillage@outlook.com. The Mayor of Epsom and Ewell Cllr Clive Woodridge will judge the best road overall.
For more information, please contact Alison Price at Ewellvillage@outlook.com.