This is the second of nine reports on the BIG PLANS for Epsom and Ewell proposed in the DRAFT LOCAL PLAN that is out for public consultation till 17th March. We do not intend to state any support or opposition but may ask some questions.
Town Hall , Hope Lodge & Epsom Clinic
The Town Hall and Hope Lodge Car Park is owned by Epsom and Ewell Borough Council and is being promoted for development. The Epsom Clinic and parking lot to the rear is owned and being promoted for development by NHS Property Services, while the former Epsom Police Station and Ambulance Station is under private ownership
The plan is for a residential development, comprising:
- A new residential area focussed around Dulshot Green
- At least 90 new homes
- The total redevelopment of Town Hall, Hope Lodge Car Park and Epsom Clinic
- Building heights ranging between 2 and 4 storeys
- The reprovision of some public parking on the Town Hall site
The reasons given are that the sites provide the opportunity of making a more efficient use of land in a highly sustainable location that is currently underutilised. Its successful regeneration will attract new residents and businesses to the town centre.
When will the site be developed?
It expected that the redevelopment of the area will involve several planning applications based on a comprehensive scheme for the whole area. Planning applications are likely to be submitted early in the plan period with development likely to start by 2028.
Council Officers will be available to speak to you in person at the following places
- Tuesday 21 February 14:30 – 19:30, Bourne Hall, Azalea room
- Wednesday 22 February 10:30 – 15:30, Community & Wellbeing Centre, Sefton Road
- Saturday 25 February 11:00 – 16:00, Ashley Centre, Central Square
- Tuesday 28 February 10:30 – 15:30, Community & Wellbeing Centre, Sefton Road
The BIG plans for Epsom and Ewell – reports on Hook Road Car Park and SGN site plan.
Epsom & Ewell Borough Council Draft Local Plan. Details how to submit your views.
Local Plan battle heating up? and other related reports.