Depot Road plans
This is the third of nine reports on the BIG PLANS for Epsom and Ewell proposed in the DRAFT LOCAL PLAN that is out for public consultation till 17th March. We do not intend to state any support or opposition but may ask some questions.
Depot Road and Upper High Street
In a somewhat short description provided the plan is for residential development, comprising:
- At least 100 new homes
- The reprovision of public parking by the provision of a decked car park including 1x basement level and 4x above ground levels on Depot Road.
- New access road
- Building heights ranging between 2 and 4 storeys
And the reasons given are there is an opportunity to make more efficient use of well-located town centre land by re-providing car parking in a decked structure, releasing land for new homes.
Its successful regeneration will attract new residents and businesses to the town centre.
When will the site be developed?
It is expected that a planning application will be submitted for the comprehensive redevelopment of the main site in the early part of the plan period with development likely to start by 2027.
Possible obstacles include:
- The site lies adjacent to Church Street and Epsom Town Centre Conservation Areas. It is also in the vicinity of several listed buildings. Therefore, sympathetic design is required.
- Some of the trees within and very near site are protected by Tree Preservation Orders.
- The site is within an Area of High Archaeological potential.
- Potential to improve pedestrian and cycle connectivity including from the site to the town centre.
- Any development proposal will need to incorporate mitigation relating to surface water flooding for those parts of the site that are susceptible.
Council Officers will be available to speak to you in person at the following places
- Tuesday 21 February 14:30 – 19:30, Bourne Hall, Azalea room
- Wednesday 22 February 10:30 – 15:30, Community & Wellbeing Centre, Sefton Road
- Saturday 25 February 11:00 – 16:00, Ashley Centre, Central Square
- Tuesday 28 February 10:30 – 15:30, Community & Wellbeing Centre, Sefton Road
The BIG plans for Epsom and Ewell – reports on Hook Road Car Park and SGN site plan.
The Epsom and Ewell Town Hall plan
A new Town Hall for Epsom and Ewell?
Epsom & Ewell Borough Council Draft Local Plan. Details how to submit your views.
Local Plan battle heating up? and other related reports.